Frequently asked questions
Don't see your question here? Contact Internship Director, Keith Luke: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I apply? APPLY HERE!
- Will I hear from someone immediately after applying? You will receive an automated response after submitting your application.
- What will be expected of me? Each intern will serve as a key member of a ministry team at weekend services and participate in weekly meetings. We also expect you to comply with Crossroads Employee Code of Conduct during the course of the internship.
- Is there an age requirement for the internship? Potential interns must be at least one year out of high school and under the age of 30.
- What does Crossroads provide? Crossroads will help provide housing to those asking for it. Crossroads will also provide all materials, books and fees associated with the weekly intern meeting. This will most likely be in the form of staying with a host family from the church. Visits to all of our church missions partners (i.e. Daughter Project, Cherry Street, SSFAC, One Matters, pregnancy center, etc.) We also provide a mentor, coaching and hands-on training in your selected ministry area. It’s a priceless opportunity to learn and grow from some of the top leaders in the area.
- Is the internship paid? No. However, interns accepted into the program may choose to send fundraising letters to their friends and family. Crossroads will assist and guide you in this process and provide need materials for it. Those that wish to support you will donate to the church and the church will then pay you from the donated funds toward your internship.
- What is a typical weekly schedule? Weekly schedules vary depending on your area of ministry, however, most schedules will involve serving at both weekend services. Our weekly internship meeting is on Tuesdays from 8:30am – 10:30am, which is a requirement for all interns to attend.
- What are the important dates I need to know about?
Internship Begins – May 22nd
Internship Ends – Aug 20th
- What is the length of the internship? 13 weeks - see #8 for dates. (adjustments can be made if you return to school earlier)
- How many hours are expected? A minimum commitment of 20 hours a week is expected for each intern. Interns may not work over 29 hours a week.
- Do I get time off? Yes. Time off should be communicated and agreed upon between the intern, direct report, and internship program directors.
- Can I go to college during the internship? Of course! We encourage interns to manage college classes and the internship program at the same time, as have many of our past interns. We believe completing college and getting a degree should be your top priority!
- Can I seek outside employment? Absolutely! It is our expectation that most, if not all, interns will secure outside employment. We ask, however, that ministry expectations and time requirements take precedence over outside work schedules for weekend services, staff meetings, and internship meetings.
- How can I get college credit? If your college or university offers internship opportunities, we will work directly with your counselors and/or professors to ensure you meet all the necessary requirements.
- Do I need a car? Yes, transportation is required to participate in the internship program.
- Do you provide housing? Yes, if requested. We will seek to set you up with a host family at Crossroads.
- Do interns become paid staff after the internship? It’s absolutely true that some of our best hires have been interns, but a job shouldn’t be expected and it’s never guaranteed. We are looking for people who want to be on mission with what God is doing in and through Crossroads Community Church, whether that leads to job in the church or not. If you enter into a season of ministry as an intern expecting to be rewarded with a job, you may be disappointed.